This information can be accessed in-game by typing [motd
Here's a list of the latest bug fixes for Dystopia UO:
- The newest update is to the tameable monster "Frostmite". They will now do their cold wind attack correctly.
- Magic AIs that cast Magic Reflection will now remove Magic Reflection upon death or killing target.
- NPCs that Parry attacks are capped at 1200 skill (Parry & Bushido) in the Parry calculation.
- Improved stable pet claiming gump.
- Increased Aura of Nausea Mana Cost from 30 to 100.
- Pet max base stamina is now capped at 150.
- Resolved issue where trained pets' taming requirements reset after server maintenance.
- Pets' combat skills will now be reduced by 30% when released
- Resolved issue with disappearing pets trained with certain AIs.
- Resolved issue where the pet Parry magical ability would not correctly body-guard owner when told to guard.
- All pet damage is now reduced by 30% when targeting players.
- Increased special move chances for Piercing, Bashing, Wrestling, Slashing, & Parrying magical abilities.
- Resolved issue where creatures such as the Rune Beetle would not have the correct slot when animal lored and then tamed.
- Resolved issue where pets trained with AOE flagged incorrectly in guard zones.
- Pet training of magical abilities now allows the removal of all existing magical abilities on a pet instead of just removing Magery.
- Pet special move cost increased to match player cost or a minimum of 15 mana.
- Reduced pet special ability Conductive Blast duration from 10 to 4 seconds.
- Removed pet special ability Flurry Force.
- Pet Intelligence now affects some spell damage.
- Added planning gump to the pet training gump. This allows players to view up to 20 selected options with their weight and real value. Players must enable planning mode to add to the list.
- The Lions and Tigers can no longer be ridden.
- New reward title deed available from the Discovering Animal Training quest, the Ethologist.
- Resolved issue where human sound effects would play during various special abilities.
- Resolved issue where pets could have the paladin special ability and another magical ability.
- Resolved issue where tameable creatures from treasure maps are not always tameable.
- Moved Cold Wind from Special Abilities to Special Moves.
- Added skill gains for pets from using Block & Feint.
- Spellweaving magical ability now modifies its focus strength based on pet Spellweaving skill.
- Added additional pet training point cost when selecting Piercing, Bashing, Wrestling, Slashing & Parrying.
- Creatures that undergo animal training now require animal taming & animal lore skill to control.
New Tameable Creatures Can Now Be Found Inhabiting Britannia
Dragon Wolf - found guarding Level 6 treasure chests in all facets except Ter Mur
Frost Drake - found guarding Level 6 treasure chests
Frost Dragon - found guarding Level 7 treasure chests in Trammel or Felucca
Palomino Horse - found in The Second Age
Sabre-Toothed Tiger - found in the Valley of Eodon
Triceratops - found in the Valley of Eodon
Lion - found in the Valley of Eodon
Blood Fox - found in Ilshenar
Frost Mite - found in Tokuno
Ossein Ram - found in Deceit
- Necromage will no longer cast vengeful spirit.
- All magical abilities will now train their appropriate related skills.
- Chivalry ability now uses consecrate weapon, dispel evil, and enemy of one.
- Fixed various issues with targeting related to area effects.
Animal Lore & Taming Updates
- Creatures that cannot be trained no longer show potential slots.
- Pet slot level will now be increased when a creature is first customized.
- Pet taming requirements will increase as pets are customized and pet slot level increases.
- Reduced weight of Schools of Magic so these abilities can now be added.
- Samurais can no longer control customized lesser hiryu.
- Necromancers can no longer control customized wolves.
- Creatures that are currently mounted will no longer train.
- Shadow Wyrm is no longer subjugated.
- Venomous Bite mana cost increased from 20 to 50.
- Hidden pets no longer remain hidden after a player issues a command.
- Added additional information to training gump to indicated additional skill reuirements.
- Adjusted various caps and weights; check training gump info menu for latest values.
- Increased the max trainable slots for several creatures including:
Hell Hound: 4
Increased mana cost for the following:
Breath of Poison: 50
Explosive Goo: 30
Life Leech: 5
Searing Hits: 25
Sticky Skin: 5
- Fixed issue where training progress percentage would not display correctly.
- Chivalry can only be trained on pets with positive karma.
- Adjusted stats on the following creatures:
- Mob base damage per second capped based on slot level.
- Fixed issue with raging breath damage type.
- Added new option for the taming mastery ability Combat Training As One, which allows pets to share damage while they are close to their master.
- All creatures with Grandmaster and above wrestling now have a chance to parry.
- Adjusted the training scheme for pets.
- There is now a Guaranteed Gain system as well as a greater chance to gain at lower levels of progress.
- Pet training will provide feedback messages to give an indication of how much training experience is being gained ranging from "Slightly" to "Fairly" to "Greatly".
- Reduced pet training stamina cap from 300 to 150.
- Added Bushido and Ninja AIs to pet training options.
- Pets can no longer cast summon spells with Mysticism AI.
- Added Necromancy & Magery AIs to pet training options.
- Added real time progress bars for pet training.
- There is now a confirmation gump when adding magical abilities that will remove existing magical abilities.
- Pet training will now update the pet slot for the pet the first time they are upgraded.
- Added additional validation to prevent AoE abilities from targeting friendlies. This includes:
Essence of Wind
- Increased the cost of upgrading base damage per second.
- All pet damage is now reduced by 50% when targeting players
- There is now a power hour for pet training which will initiate once per day beginning when pets first gain in training progress for that day. This will increase the amount of training progress pets normally receive from a target.
- The Najasaurus will now accept meat as a preferred food.
- The Baby Tiger is now eligible for pet training.
- Pets are now more responsive when issued commands such as Kill and Follow.
- Resolved issue where creatures that utilized buff effects would have erroneous slot requirements.
- Updated pet training progress percentages to be more precise.
- There is now a warning gump when training a pet would increase the number of control slots it takes.
- The Imprisoned Dog from Travesty can no longer be trained.
- Pets will no longer gain in derived stats (HP, Mana & Stamina) with increases in Strength, Intelligence, and Dexterity if they are already above 125.
- Increased the training cost of HP regen.
- Consume damage now functions properly.
- Skree AI has been updated.